Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Wounded Spirit

Following up on my post about Anti-bulling....
At a previous school EVERY teacher was given the audiobiography by Frank Peretti The Wounded Spirit (updated as No More Bullies: For Those Who Wound or Are Wounded) for summer reading. Then during August inservice we were shown a very powerful, moving movie narrated by Peretti. That school started a big anti-bullying campaign. BULLYING WAS NOT TOLLERATED. I admire the administration taking a stand. Students were shown the movie and relationships improved quickly. Focus on the Family's website tells the part of the story. Yet I recommend that book for everyone who works with children, and young people. More folks need to be aware of this issue... pass the word.


1 comment:

cherry su said...

Every good blog has two features, they have a very good topic and you see lot of good comments. Its blogging that has made me know new things everyday. I absolutely sure that people in this world have come closer in their personal world. There so many things working for a blog and the topic. If you get a chance pop up by my page, maybe you would like wedding pearl jewelry.You can visit our fresh water pearl earrings. mother of pearl bracelet have good quality.Its just a flat world now because of blogs like this one, I appreciate it.