Tuesday, May 26, 2009

deturl.com - download YouTube videos

Thank you DetURL!. I was updating a presentation for a conference this summer and wanted to embed a video from You Tube. Now the last time I went into a school early this month...You Tube was blocked. So i tried this new tip that I had read about. Now, I don't know how it works, but DetURL! has developed a hack so that all you have to do is insert the letters pwn into th URL and you will be able to download your favorite YouTube in MP4 and Flash Video formats. Thanks, deturl, whoever you are! You were a lifesaver tonight!

Here's the link to a favorite JibJab video of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFAMtCWFZdg&feature=dir

I wanted to make that video my own? All I had to do is insert the letters pwn, before youtube.com and after the www. and the magic began.....

http://www.pwnyoutube.com/watch?v=mFAMtCWFZdg&feature=dir

The screen changed (See Screenshot) and magically I will had my choice of formats, even Quicktime for Apple users! Yeah, Deturl, again!

Of course, I still might have to use my previous go to favorites: Converttube or Zamzar. You never know what website will be blocked, too slow or down for maintenence. Today, Deturl folks, you are amazing!

No comments: