Thursday, December 25, 2008

Throwing in the Towel_VHS


Curious Reads reported today that "the last major VHS supplier in the US ditching the format at the end of this year, the sound of the death knell has forced us to reminisce on VHS and other formats we wish would die with it." I remember when my family was caught up between the debate with Sony's Beta format. Yes, we had a Betamax and was able to "sell" it to a Arkansas friend who needed to record programs from his satellite. Oh, how things have changed. I found a Blockbuster gift card in a Christmas sack that I was "repurposing." Remember all the mom & pop neighborhood video stores. My family hasn't been a video store in a while. If we rent, we frugally use the $1 machines at our local grocery store. I guess videos will be like those LP's and 8 tracks that my husband has on his side of the walk-in closet. I must take the time to convert all of our treasured tapes to DVD.

Aha! I guess I need to see if someone needs a large, seldom-used vintage video camera circa 1985.

No comments: